Finish that project!

The Christmas tree is now stripped naked and back in its spot in the garden to grow a little more for next year. The cards are being sorted into those to keep and those tone recycled. The greenery has died and gone in the compost. Now for the new year.

I've seen a lot of blogs/newspaper articles/tv programmes about people aiming for new things for the new year. Various resolutions come to the fore only for them to be disguarded by the majority in February. So I'm not making resolutions.I am  making new year aims and giving myself all year to accomplish them. Here they are.

Learn to prioritise

I'm very good at doing just one more thing before I either go to bed or leave the house. The washing will still be there, the dishwasher can wait to be emptied, I don't need to reply to that email now and it doesn't matter if dinner is half an hour late. What does matter is making sure I've given my family enough hugs before school or bed, that people eventually get fed, that I return my mum's call, that we all cuddle the dogs more and that everyone is happy. In short (and I've been coming to this conclusion for a while) my family comes first.

It's ok to be late

I'd rather be late and happy than on time and miserable 

Drink less milk

I'm addicted to mochas. They are my favourite drink and whilst it's nice to drink them they don't make me feel good. This is unlikely to be the coffee as I drink decaf. So I'm cutting down and possibly changing my milk.

Write more

I've started reading more blogs and one I love is Foxs Lane. This month Kate is writing something everyday. Now whilst I'm not going to aim for this (as I do have a three month old) I do want to write more. I'm not going to pressure myself by giving myself a target, just more.

Learn my limits

I'm excellent at taking on too much or trying to do too much or doing three different things at once. So I'm going to take this year one thing at a time.

 [caption width="1620" align="alignnone"] My unfinished projects[/caption] 
Finish my projects 

The more I read of other crafters the more I understand that leaving a project unfinished is quite common amongst us crafty lot. I finished my sister's birthday present for just after Christmas. Her birthday is in February. I still have my brother-in-law, niece and friend to finish their birthday/Christmas presents for. Also I have a jumper that I've been making since September 2014. I'm going to finish it for my birthday which is the beginning of February. I only have one sleeve to complete!

Do something to make me happy everyday 

Self-explanatory really but for me there are some examples below

  • Get more sleep 

  • Crochet even if it's just two rows

  • Snuggle under a blanket with the dog

  • Enjoy the sunshine 

  • Sing

  • Potter in the garden 


Right.....where's that jumper?

 [caption width="720" align="alignnone"] That jumper[/caption] 

Comments