Wading on through

On my Lordy I'm pooped. After weeks of crazy, crochet present making, fulfilling orders and looking after two sick children I am done in.

Both my girls have been poorly in the last couple of weeks and that's been tough. The needs of an 8 year old and a 6 month old are usually very different but when it comes to being ill they're strangely similar! So I've been running round seeing to the usual infant needs plus cleaning up sick (the joys), remembering the next dose of antibiotics or paracetamol, cooking comfort foods for Merida whilst comfort feeding Rose and all the while not managing a hot drink all day. By the evening I've been so tired I've just flopped on the sofa. Poor Finn and Frank and the dogs have all pretty uch fended for themselves, though the boys in particular are very capable so I'm not too worried. And Spring has helped. We may have been confined to the sofa but the sunshine streaming in the window has cheered us all and even helped getting s little more fresh air in the poorly girls.

 

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="719"] Booties....lots of booties[/caption]

  
There's been much musings on the subject of crochet being very therapeutic and I'm all for that but I get myself worked up at not having finished someone's present (and we have a lot of Spring birthdays in our family) and take the fun out of it for me. Well that's what usually happens. If you're a regular reader you'll know that one part of my new year aims was to get less stressed about stuff, particularly crochet stuff, being late. One of my best mates is still waiting for her birthday present....from last August. Occasionally I look at it forlornly and softly whisper "I will finish you, I promise ".

Lately being able to crochet really has been a treat. It's been my time when I've had a few minutes, with no one placing demands on me and being able to hook a few rows. Finn has discovered crochet too and it's brilliant. Not only is he quite good (for a 6 year old) but he really listens. Patience and listening are not two of of his strong points but he has them with crochet. Could this be more proof there is power in the hook?

Now it's way to late for this as it's midnight and I only had 3 hours sleep last night but I shall share more of my exciting makes soon, particularly a big hook make and an intense amigurami make.

Comments