Daffodils, pumpkins, a rose and a Dalek

I thought after my post about teachers gifts I would add some new some photos of the finished articles with some details/links of the patterns used etc.


The Rose

This was one the first gifts I ever made someone and I love it for its familiarity to me. The pattern is from The Crochet Bible. It's made in one long row forming several petals and then wrapped up to form the rose shape.



The Dalek 

This was a free pattern from Lucy Ravenscar. It's quite hard work as some bits of it are very fiddly but your know me, I'm like that with most amigurami. It's a great gift to give though as the receiver always appreciates it.



The Pumpkin

As you can see from the pictures this is a pattern form an old issue (57) of Inside Crochet magazine. It's a really great pattern by Nicky Trench and it can be found in her book Super Scary Crochet. This is made in rows and then stitched together. I love it because I find it simple and a great make to do.




The Daffodils

These were the hardest pattern to find so I was really chuffed with how they worked out.

I started off with a pattern by Happy Berry Crochet which I just couldn't get on with. I don't know why. I made two but they just didn't work. Then I started again and found this pattern by Annissa Groe which I love. I got on a lot better with it and the daffodils worked out well too, I hope you'll agree. Instead of the recommended florists wire and tape I cheated and used some green pipe cleaners. They worked better than I would have ever expected.

So there's a very quick run down of which pattern I used for what. I like having patterns stored up for the future. I always plan when there are flowers involved, not so much with Dalaks!
Have a fab day,

Josie

Comments