From fields of sunflowers to the grindstone

Hi all. We're back from our lovely French holiday and now need another holiday to recover. I've returned inspired and full of ideas which I must write down before they escape from my brain due to all the wine and cheese we brought back!


I felt artistic whilst abroad and was really looking at the landscape with an artists eye and taking lots of pretty pics...either that or I was too pickled to realise I was the only person who thought my photos looked good! Here are some that I personally love.

How could you not be inspired by this amazing landmark? And the beauty of its design and shape along with the views it generously gives and....well, just wow! I was the only member of my family to have been to this beauty before but that was 20 years ago and seeing everyone else's awe brought mine flooding back. This was Merida's choice of a day out and she (along with all of us) loved it.For his birthday treat Finn had requested "a day on a sunny beach". So to honour this we had a gorgeous day at La Rochelle. Merida swam in the Atlantic, Finn chased the waves, Rose tried to eat the sand (!) and we all made a giant sandcastle, complete with shells. I love these shells. So beautiful in shape and so many different ones too. The sea was full of them.

One of our final days out was at this amazing castle. Château de Chambord. It was huge! This picture really doesn't do it justice but you can just make out the people in from of it to show you how big it is. You could spend days st this amazing place, no to mention the mini market they have and the wine house too.

I just love this pic. My gorgeous Merida relaxing  with her favourite book. We were on our final night in a fancy safari style tent and all loved the novelty of it and fancied ourselves explorers.

We did a lot of driving and my wonderful husband drove the majority of the time. He knew I wanted to watch the world go by but also do some serious #crochet. In his own words "you always say you don't get time to crochet for yourself, so I wanted you to". I was making two things: a summer waistcoat and a sunhat. Unfortunately the sunhat, which I had made really good progress on, I had to unpick a huge amount of. I'd made it far too big as I hadn't accounted for the size difference using a bigger yarn. Thousands of stitches wasted. It's that wine and scenery again! Very distracting. Anyway because it was a smaller amount of stitches to do I made it back up nicely.

I just want to keep writing about all my ideas and getting stuck in to designing various bits and bobs but you'd be reading forever.

So I shall leave you in anticipation. My self-imposed maternity leave ends soon and I'm determined to write more, design more, sell more and of course crochet more.

I hope you're having lovely summer holidays too or at least finding the world around you inspiring.

Love,

Josie

Comments