Welcome 2017

Isn't this wheel of the year picture beautiful. I found it via google so lay no claim to it whatsoever. I simply wanted to share its beauty! Twice!!


It's seems a very bloggy thing to do on New Year's Day to either reminisce about the old year or set resolutions for the new one. So I'm jumping on that particular train and doing so too, partly because if I write them down on a public domain I'll feel more like sticking to them than pretending I said no such thing.

To be honest I don't really do resolutions. I set aims and this is something I try and do throughout the year. Two sides of me battle with this: the Yoda side who says "Do or do not. There is no try" and the other slightly more realistic "there's only one of me to spread thinly so that won't matter today" side.

Read more and write more 

Look at these great books I got for Christmas! 


I want to read them all and all the crochet magazines I get and the blogs I like. Last year I was so busy in the run up to Christmas I left my latest Mollie Makes magazine untouched until the next arrived. Also, I never read as much I want to. Even ten minutes a day off will help me cross this one off. I always want to read more.

I also love writing, whether it's this blog or in my journal or other bits and pieces. I got some lovely new journals from my babies for Christmas so I'm looking forward to filling those with my crazy thoughts.


Talk more to friends and family

So easy to do and yet it doesn't happen! I'm rubbish and intend to be less so. So local friends beware you will need some time for coffees and conversation.

Don't abide by stupid rules 

There are some rules we seem to have developed as a family that cause more stress than they avoid. For example we don't let our dogs on the sofa. One of them (the Labrador) doesn't care anyway as she's a 'proper dog' and stays on the floor. Our other dog is a Whippet cross Jack Russel. He loves snuggling up on the sofa. We let him on occasionally but try and dissuade him when we're not here. In other words we want him to wait to be invited. I secretly think it's quite cute that he does this as he always put on his biggest puppy dog eyes when discovered. Plus he heals by his cuddles so I'm letting that one slide more. A few extra dog hairs to hoover is nothing too bad. This is just an example. There are more but they need a democratic decision rather than my dictatorial take over.

Yoga 

I love yoga. It makes me feels good and helps me when I'm poorly. It helped me regain some of my youthful feeling after having baby Rose and I lost a little baby weight as a bonus. I have weeks where I managed no yoga at all and I could feel it. My main aim this year is to do a little every single day, even just ten minutes. As Adriene says "a little goes a long way".

Be more selfish 

This is Frank's idea. He, quite rightly, claimed this as his New Year aim. He does so much for us then goes to work and comes home and does more for us. In short he is an amazing and attentive husband and father. In return we will give him space and time to play his neglected guitars or go for a bike ride or play video games. None of which he gets to do as he's busy being lovely. So we shall help him be more selfish.

As for last year, well I don't think it was that bad. I can't remember any significant bad times (celebrity deaths not withstanding). So on a personal level I'd say that's good. We had some great times and one that really stands out for me is a brilliant holiday in France. We had such a good time and I want to do it all again, now!


But I shall settle for curling up with my hot water bottle and my neglected magazines. Start as you mean to go on.

Happy New Year!

Josie Xxx

Comments