Flowers for Jenny

This is one of those blog posts that I just don't know how to start. I want to tell you about two amazing women: Amanda and her daughter Jenny. Two weeks ago Jenny died of a brain tumour. She was just 19. She had fought and fought so bravely for so many years with her mum by her side.

I'm not going to tell you their story third hand when Amanda writes about it so beautifully. You can find their story here at Little Box of Crochet but also if you follow them on Instagram here  you get the full picture. 


So if I'm not telling their story what do I want to say? I want to say thank you to Amanda and Jenny. Thank you for sharing your beautiful and heartbreaking story. I wish I could have found a way to keep you two together and let Jenny live a full life, but those powers are beyond me. To share such an intimate story so publicly is such a wonderful and brave thing to do. I feel honoured to have shared part of your journey. You have both touched so many lives and the messages of love, good wishes, hugs and prayers I see daily on your Instagram feed are all genuine. I hope you can feel the heartwarming love as you read those comments.

Amanda, I have cried with you and sent you so much love. I wish I knew you so I could run up to you and hug you. You've told your story so beautifully that I feel I'm a part of it. Thank you. I hope you can find some peace and happiness without your daughter by your side. I and so many others are still with you and will enjoy sharing your adventures with Scarlett O'Hara and Honey on Instagram at Jenny Says So

Jenny, I'm sorry you're no longer with us. You sound like the best of people with a good heart and soul. I hope you fly on wings of gold and find peace now. Thank you for inviting us all to make crochet flowers to cover your coffin. Your box of flowers was beautiful, what a fabulous idea. You really were sent out in style.

I hope, dear reader, you can find some inspiration from this story also. I sit here with tears running down my cheeks in sadness and awe that such amazing people exist and so often live under the radar. My heart goes out to all of them.

Sending out much love this morning,
Josie Xxx

Comments

  1. […] As lots of crocheters out there know there is a subscription company called Little Box of Crochet. (I’ve mentioned them in previous posts). I first found them on Instagram and followed their story as Amanda dealt with the terminal illness of her daughter Jenny (read more here.) […]

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment