That Crochet ukulele

Here it is: the crochet ukulele that I made for one of the kids' teachers. (Surrounded by the ruffle scarves I made for other teachers).


Now this teacher was special. He'd taught both our kids and they had loved him and flourished under his tutorledge. He's one of those teachers who is special to everyone. Whenever I mentioned anything to him about the kids, no matter how trivial, he took it in and knew it was important to me. My concerns where valid and he got that. I also taught alongside him for a while when he asked for help with the school choir. He's a very enthusiastic musician and got many a child involved in the ukulele club and when other teacher got attention with glockenspiels or bells he used his ukulele. He is well known throughout the school for his ukulele prowess. So when I knew his goodbye gift needed to be something special I went straight for the ukulele link. 



I used one of our ukuleles as a base for my pattern and found a couple of pictures online which I used to help me too. I wanted the ukulele to be real-life sized so it could be used as a cushion if wanted. I had a false start as initially I started in rounds to get the rounded bottom of the uke but that didn't work well so I went for rows and on both sides of the starting chain.

 I made sure it fit by placing it over the actual ukulele
So here's the pattern! It's free to share and use to sell finished projects but please credit me with the design. If you notice any mistakes or would like any clarification please let me know.

To make the crochet ukulele the same size as a ukulele I used chunky yarn with a 

Comments